The Peoplelogic.ai Atlassian Jira integration allows you to use one of your Jira users to aggregate information about your engineering, support and product team activity from your Jira instance. See What Events Does Peoplelogic.ai Process from Jira for more information on the events that Peoplelogic.ai aggregates.
- You must have admin access to your Peoplelogic.ai account. If you don't, point your administrator to this page to have them set up the integration.
- Your Jira instance needs to be accessible to the Peoplelogic.ai servers
- You will need a user within Jira that has access to the content that you'd like to aggregate. If you are using Jira cloud, be sure to setup an access token for the that user following the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html. Create one specifically for Peoplelogic.ai and save it somewhere for use later in these instructions. For Jira Server, make a user specifically for this purpose as we'll need the username and password to authenticate.
Please note: the Jira API expects an email address as the user - please enter an email address in the API Key field below.
Once you have the user you want to use in Jira, it's time to set up Peoplelogic.ai. First, click the Gear icon near the top right of the Peoplelogic.ai interface and then click Integrations.
Next, click on the Connect New Integration Button as shown below.
Next, you'll be shown a form to enter the details about your integration. Follow the steps below to complete the setup.
- Enter a meaningful and unique name
- Select Jira from the integration type dropdown
- Enter the user's username or email from Jira as the API Key and the access token or user's password as the API Secret.
- Enter the hostname and path to your Jira instance as the API URL - for example https://peoplelogic-dev.atlassian.net/
When done, you should have something that looks like the following:
Click the green Save to complete the process and it should take you back to the screen showing your integration listed among the active integrations.
Peoplelogic.ai will start to aggregate the events during its next scheduled aggregation run and you should see events showing in the main dashboard timeline. If you don't see any events and you know there has been activity in your accessible Jira account, please contact Peoplelogic.ai Support.