The Peoplelogic.ai GitLab integration allows you to use personal access tokens from GitLab.com or GitLab Server to aggregate events from the repositories that the access token has permission to access. See What Events Does Peoplelogic.ai Process from GitLab for more information on the events that Peoplelogic.ai aggregates.
- You must have admin access to your Peoplelogic.ai account. If you don't, point your administrator to this page to have them set up the integration.
- If you want employees to have their GitLab events mapped to their Peoplelogic.ai account, you will need to enter a mapping for their GitLab username. See Mapping External Usernames to Employees for more information.
- You must generate a personal access token for the account that you want Peoplelogic.ai to use and that token must have access to the Projects that you would like to aggregate events from. To generate a personal access token for gitlab.com visit https://gitlab.com/profile/personal_access_tokens and select the read_api access. Peoplelogic does NOT need access to download code or write anything to your projects!
Click the green button to generate the token and copy that token to a safe place - you won't be able to access it again.
Once you have your GitLab personal access token, it's time to set up Peoplelogic.ai. First, click the Gear icon near the top right of the Peoplelogic.ai interface and then click Integrations.
Next, click on the Connect New Integration Button as shown below.
Next, you'll be shown a form to enter the details about your integration. Follow the steps below to complete the setup.
- Enter a meaningful and unique name
- Select GitLab from the integration Type dropdown
- Enter https://gitlab.com/ as the API URL if using the cloud hosted version or enter your server hostname if on-premise. If on-premise, the server must be accessible to the Peoplelogic.ai servers for the integration to work.
- Enter your GitLab username into the API Key field.
- Enter the personal access token you copied above into the API Secret field.
When done, you should have something that looks like the following:
Click the green Save to complete the process and it should take you back to the screen showing your integration listed among the active integrations.
Peoplelogic.ai will start to aggregate the events during its next scheduled aggregation run and you should see events showing in the main dashboard timeline. If you don't see any events and you know there has been activity in your accessible GitLab repositories, please contact Peoplelogic.ai Support.
Article is closed for comments.